What is a Game Server?
A game server allows gamers to run multiplayer computer games over the Intranet/Internet. Game servers are hosted either locally or remotely (Pakgamer.pk). Servers hosted locally can be accessed by users in the local Intranet or local area network (LAN), and servers hosted remotely can be accessed from across the world.
A game server consists of two parts: the client-side, and the server-side.
- The client-side (your PC/laptop) runs a version of the game compatible with your operating system.
- The server-side runs either an identical copy of the client software, or a version of the software especially written for multiplayer connectivity.
A client-side game can also act as server! However, client-side servers may impact your game play if your client PC/laptop does not have the resources (memory, cpu speed, etc) to handle both functions.
Should I Own a Game Server?
- Play with your friends/clan without worrying about some stranger spoiling things.
- Customize your game to your liking by adding maps, mods and plugins.
- Tweak the settings to the way you play or like to play.
How Do I Order a Game Server?
From our website, locate the game you wish to purchase. You can find games by either clicking on the appropriate link on our front page, or following the ‘SEE ALL GAME SERVERS’ link and selecting it from there.
Completing Your Order in 3 Steps
- Step 1: decide if you want your server to be Public or Private.
- A public server is visible and immediately accessible to anyone. Any player can find and join your server in the game’s ‘server browser’.
- Alternatively, a private server is immediately protected with a password of your choosing. This password is selected on the Checkout Page.
- Step 2: Decide how many players (slots) you want to allow to connect to your server. The default slot count is our recommended count for new server owners. Then, choose your subscription type (how frequently you wish to receive a bill for your server). The options are Annually, Bi-Annually (6 months) and Monthly. Finally, choose your server location (either Eastern, or Western). At the completion of this step, you will see the cost of your purchase under Step 3.
- Step 3: Order Now. Click on the ‘ORDER NOW’ button and this will add your server purchase to your shopping cart.
You can always see what is in your shopping cart by clicking on the ‘VIEW CART’ button that is displayed after your clicked on the ‘ORDER NOW’ button or by clicking on cart icon on the main menu bar.
When you are done adding your purchases to your shopping cart, click on the ‘shopping cart’ icon and select either ‘VIEW CART’ or ‘CHECKOUT’.
Clicking on the ‘VIEW CART’ button will take you to your shopping cart where you can review your order. The ‘Cart’ page also will tell you when your ‘First Renewal’ for your subscription will occur.
Subscriptions will renew automatically unless you have cancelled it prior to the date of renewal.
Once you are happy with your cart contents, it’s time to check out by clicking on ‘PROCEED TO CHECKOUT’ button.
On the “Checkout” page, fill in the required information. Under the “Server Settings” area, you will see two fields related to server setup.
- First, Server Name. This is what we will use to name your server, and it is also what will be visible/searchable in any game “server list”. You can always change this at a later date.
- Second, Server Password. This is used for setting up Private servers, but is also used for a game’s RCON password, if there is one.
We use Stripe for our payment processing, so complete the necessary credit card information.
Make sure you read the Terms and Conditions, and click on the checkbox to indicate you have read and agree to them.
Click on ‘PLACE ORDER’ to complete the process.
Once we receive notification that your payment has processed, we will begin the server setup process.
Please Note: The user name and password that is created in our website store as a result of this order is not the same as the username/password you will use to access your Game Control Panel, which is used for server management.
So, I Ordered a Server – Now What?
You will receive two emails from us when your server is setup and ready for you.
- The first email has a subject line of “Your Control Panel Login.” This email contains your username and password
- The second email will contain game-server-specific information and have the subject line; “New game server for <Your Name>”.
We strongly suggest that you take a few minutes to watch our YouTube video on how to navigate the Game Control Panel. The link comes bundled in the “Your Control Panel Login” email, but you can also simply click here to watch it. For more detailed information, see the Getting Started section Wiki site.
What Is Your Refund Policy?
Our Refund Policy is located at the bottom of our Terms of Service page.
How Do I Get Support?
The best way to get support for your game server is to log into your Game Account and open a Support Ticket using the Support Ticket option. Using this method not only helps us keep track of issues but also allows multiple staff members to support/communicate with you.
Remember: We provide support for the game server and not the game or any mods you install. We are not liable for any issues which may be related to mod installs – including data loss, service instability, and so forth.
We will do our best to help you troubleshoot, but if your issues are related to the game itself or an installed mod, you will need to contact the appropriate developer.
Also take a look at our Wiki site for game specific information as well as other helpful info.
What Platforms Do You Support?
Currently we only support PC-based games.
Several developers now support dedicated PC based servers for games that also run on console (Xbox / PS) platforms. This means that if you have a console, you can play with friends who have that game on PC.
As dedicated console servers become available, we will post more information under their appropriate game titles. Currently, these servers are not available to most private server rental companies. However, once console servers release, we will support them.
Still Have Questions That Our Game Server FAQ Didn’t Answer?